Significant changes include:

  • New engine – Yanmar 3JH3E (2006)
  • Bimini, stove, refrigeration (2006)
  • Stern arch and davits, solid aft lifelines, and new forward lifelines (2009)
  • High strength mast and boom with slab reefing, oversize rigging (2009)
  • Multi stage fuel filtration system (2009)
  • Workbench, tool storage, spares storage (2009)
  • Tow generator (2010)
  • Complete rewiring (2012)
  • Complete replumbing (2012)
  • Interior refit including increased storage, upholstery, insulation (2013)
  • Diesel drip heater (2013)
  • Propane system (2013)
  • Jordan series drogue (2013)
  • 25kg Rocna (2013)
  • Higher capacity wind generator (2013)
  • Aluminium diesel tank (2015)
  • Keel dropped and refitted with new keel bolts (2015)
  • Updated solar panels (2015)
  • Fixed bimini with increased solar capacity and water catching system (2019)
  • 105m G40 windlass chain (2019)

Keel drop and re-attachment, Trinidad, 2015

Part way through the rewiring, Estonia, 2012

Part way through the interior refit, Estonia, 2013



I have a longstanding simplification project on the boat.

The generator that came with the boat when I bought it was removed in 2012.  I removed the watermaker in 2015, and changed from an inflatable with a 15HP engine to a rowing dinghy with a 2.5HP engine.  I will gradually move to some manual pumps and a manual windlass when the electrical versions eventually fail.

The boat is already self-sufficient in power with solar and wind sources, supplemented underway with a towed generator.

We collect rainwater using the fixed bimini, and this covers most of our day to day freshwater usage.