Accommodation and Comfort
Otra Vida has the following spaces:
- Aft cabin with a double bed and private head.
- Forward cabin with a two person V-berth.
- Main saloon with dining table for 6 comfortably (we have had many more), and two settees that can be used as berths. These are used as passage berths when underway.
- A forward head with shower.
- A well equipped galley with stove, oven and refrigerator.
- A workbench and good selection of tools, etc.
- A large cockpit storage locker.
While technically it is possible for 6 people to sleep inside, for comfort there are rarely or more than 4 people on board.
In warm weather it is possible to sleep in the cockpit or in a hammock on the foredeck.
In cooler weather there is a diesel drip stove for heating. This has proven itself powerful enough to keep the boat warm during the winter months in southern Patagonia.